With Python and Pygame
Learn and use Python and PyGame to design and build cool arcade games. In Program Arcade Games: With Python and PyGame, 4th Edition, Dr. Paul Vincent Craven teaches you how to create fun and simple quiz games; integrate and start using graphics; animate graphics; integrate and use game controllers; add sound and bit-mapped graphics; and build grid-based games.
After reading and using this book, you'll be able to learn to program and build simple arcade game applications using one of today's most popular programming languages, Python. You can even deploy onto Steam and other Linux-based game systems as well as Android, one of today's most popular mobile and tablet platforms.
- How to create quiz games;
- How to integrate and start using graphics;
- How to animate graphics;
- How to integrate and use game controllers;
- How to add sound and bit-mapped graphics;
- How to build grid-based games.
Book Download and Read Links
- Title: Program Arcade Games
- Subtitle: With Python and Pygame
- Authors: Paul Craven
- Publisher: Apress
- ISBN: 9781484217894, 1484217896
- eISBN: 9781484217900, 148421790X
- Paperback: 392 pages
- Publication date: 2017
- License: Open Access