This book is designed to introduce you to using containers and Kubernetes for full-stack development. You'll learn how to develop a full-stack application using Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL with Sidekiq, and how to manage them all - first with Docker, then with Docker Compose, and finally with Kubernetes.
The topics that it covers include how to:
- Get started developing an application about sharks using the Ruby on Rails framework;
- Extend the application's data model to incorporate user submitted information about sharks;
- Integrate Sidekiq into your application to handle asynchronous data processing;
- Containerize your application and streamline your development workflow using Docker Compose;
- Migrate your Docker Compose development workflow to Kubernetes, finishing with a completely cloud-native application.
Each chapter is is designed to build progressively from the first. However, if you're familiar with a topic, or are more interested in a particular section, feel free to jump to the chapter that best suits your purpose.
Book Download and Read Links
- Title: Rails on Containers
- Authors: Kathleen Juell
- Publisher: DigitalOcean
- ISBN: 9780999773086, 0999773089
- Paperback: 316 pages
- Publication date: 2020
- License: CC BY-NC-SA